The regional Career Advisors work with school districts, area career centers, military, and postsecondary institutions to ensure that Missouri students will have the knowledge, skills and experiences to make successful transitions to post-secondary options based on their educational and career goals.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Work collaboratively with school districts to develop and enhance career pathways programs/processes.
- Assist school counselors in the development and implementation of a rigorous and relevant Individual Career and Academic Plan.
- Assist building administrators, CTE instructors and counselors to facilitate the development and implementation of a Program of Student (POS) in collaboration with DESE CTE program staff.
- Support schools with the implementation and integration of Missouri Connections.
- Coordinate regional Missouri Connections training and support.
- Collaborate on a regular basis with DESE School Counseling section staff and DESE CTE program staff, to ensure regional and state programs are aligned and complementary (coordinated through DESE School Counseling Director and Missouri Career Pathways Manager).
- Collaborate with the Missouri Pathways Regional Consultants.
- Maintain an up-to-date site journal for each site that documents, explains actions, contacts, and general developments.
- Provide an updated bi-weekly report and attend quarterly planning meetings.
- Gather and post information to a shared resource/shared calendar to document progress.
- Promote and support the Breaking Traditions Awards.
- Provide assistance to comprehensive high schools, area career centers and community/technical colleges regarding strategies to improve nontraditional participation and completion in career and technical education programs.
- Assist with career planning opportunities such as statewide non-traditional STEAM event(s) in collaboration with the Missouri Career Pathway Regional Consultants.
- Attend and participate in additional conference and workshops around the state as requested from DESE School Counseling staff.