Posted February 11, 2019
Job Title: Receptionist
Reports to: Director of Communications
- Serve as company liaison with employees and representatives from member school districts, outside agencies and organizations, and others
- Direct callers according to their needs; serve as greeter for guests and direct them to appropriate conference room or company contact
- Ensure lobby is staffed at all times during normal operating hours
- Assist outside groups with facility reservations, ordering food, room set up, etc.
- Monitor building paper inventory and building and kitchen supplies and place orders for new stock when needed
- Perform administrative work and support to the Communications and Learning Departments as needed.
- Maintain calendars, set appointments, schedule meetings and workshops; monitor and make necessary adjustments as needed to the weekly conference room activities
- Monitor the Communications Department budget and process receipts and invoices for all departments’ marketing materials
- Perform other and related duties as assigned by the Director of Communications or other members of Cabinet that are in keeping with department/company goals
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Regular attendance is required to provide support to EducationPlus
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, work in groups, communicate both verbally and non-verbally in a professional manner, negotiate with others, and solve problems
- Requires movement about and within a department area
- Operates computer hardware for programming or applications; stays abreast of changes in technology and participates in necessary training to maintain appropriate level of skill necessary for efficiency in position
- Visually obtains information from computer monitor
- Communicates with employees, members, vendors, suppliers, etc. via telephone, email and mail
- Performs general math functions, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, computing percentages, discounts, and other mathematical functions commonly associated with accounting, procurement, business and finance office functions
- High school diploma
- Prior experience in a customer service role dealing with the general public
- Requires the use of common sense understanding of instructions in written, oral or diagrammatic form; the ability to handle problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations; the use of general math; reading, writing, mathematical and computational skills, and conversing at a level commonly associated with a high school diploma
- Competency in the use of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Degree (Associates, Bachelors, etc.)
- Experience as a secretary or administrative assistant, technical skills, reading, writing, mathematical and computational skills, and conversing at a level commonly associated with an Associates degree
- Competency in the use of computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other programs.
- Experience in using social media platforms for marketing.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or exerts up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or exerts a negligible amount of force constantly. Must be able to perform duties that require sitting for extended periods of time during normal shift; must have excellent manual dexterity including the ability to perform repetitive motions; must be able to operate telephone, computer equipment, and various other pieces of office equipment
Environmental Working Conditions:
This position operates in a professional office and/or school environment.
Standard office equipment, including but not limited to computer/laptop and associated software, copy machine, mail machine, printers, scanners, facsimile machines, adding machine/calculator, etc.
Periodic travel to work sites within the membership area may be required.
Expected Hours of Work:
Normal operating hours for this position are 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, unless it is determined by administration that hours should be different. Some evening or weekend work may be required on a periodic basis.
Compensation: $19.29 per hour; full benefits package, including retirement
Term of Employment: Full Time, 10 ½ months per year (no work second half of June, and July)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described above may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. Reasonable changes or accommodations may be appropriate under certain circumstances.
EducationPlus is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of EducationPlus to hire the most qualified applicants for all positions. As part of the policy, EducationPlus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants through its employment practices, regardless of race, color, ancestry, socio-economic status, marital status, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or membership in legally-constituted organizations, to the extent required by the applicable laws. This policy of equal opportunity applies to the employment practices of recruitment, selection, placement, training, promotion, transfer, compensation benefits and termination.