Technology Leadership Academy (TLA) for Teachers
The TLA for teachers will assist educators in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to use technology as a tool for more effective and efficient integration in their classrooms. Various free digital portals, applications and resources will be explored including Google and Microsoft applications and research based technology integration tools such as SAMR. This long-term academy is for all media or tech specialists and classroom teachers. Registration includes one day attendance at the METC Conference, including the Leadership Luncheon.
The academy goals are to:
• Improve teaching by integrating technology into lessons using SAMR
• Develop a vision of how to use technology to improve student performance focusing on the ISTE Standards
• Assess tools and Open Education Resources (OER) based on the needs of your students
• Research practical strategies and frameworks, i.e. Future Ready, for using technology in your classroom
• Learn techniques for modeling and teaching digital citizenship
• Expand your professional learning network of colleagues
Thursday, October 11 at EducationPlus
Thursday, November 15 at EducationPlus
Thursday, December 6 at EducationPlus
Thursday, January 10, 2019 at EducationPlus
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at METC Conference
Thursday, February 28, 2019 at EducationPlus
3.0 college credit hours available upon request. Contact Stephanie Madlinger at 314.692.1212 for more information.