Educational Media Services
Enhancing classrooms with rich multimedia that is proven to increase student achievement, Discovery Education Streaming provides teachers and students access to a library of more than 111,000 standards-aligned digital resources that address multiple learning styles, support Common Core State Standards, and inspire students to explore their world. Discovery Education Streaming enhances curricula and engages today’s students in learning through instructional videos, audio files, images, writing prompts, and encyclopedia articles.
- All learning objects are designed for easy integration into a curriculum
- K-12 learning objects are correlated to Common Core State Standards
- Video library features exclusive, award-winning titles from Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, and Science Channel including Planet Earth, Build It Bigger, and Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero
- Enhanced search tools, including curriculum standards search and a monthly calendar, help teachers identify relevant lesson content
- Thousands of encyclopedia articles, audio files, high-quality digital images, and videos address multiple learning modalities
- STEM Connect brings to life real-world science, technology, engineering, and math concepts connecting students to STEM activities and career exploration
- Discovery Atlas Interactive Map provides engaging content specific to countries from around the globe
- Content Collections featuring resources hand-selected by Discovery Education’s curriculum experts aid in planning lessons on commonly taught topics
- Assignment Builder enables teachers to build and administer assignments for individual students or groups
- Writing prompts help students to develop stronger writing skills
- Quiz Builder allows teachers to gauge student progress and mastery of concepts, and utilize the results to identify areas of strength and address areas requiring improvement
Closed captioning, audio description, and multiple language versions make content more accessible to a variety of learners.
For Information contact James Killion at 314.692.1205, firstname.lastname@example.org.