St. Louis Leadership Academy
The St. Louis Leadership Academy is a nationally recognized, professional development opportunity for school leaders throughout the greater St. Louis region. The Missouri Leadership Development System competencies serve as the framework for learning experiences designed to explore effective leadership practices. Academy cohorts meet both regionally and statewide in a wide range of engagement strategies to learn from local and national experts. Academy participants are selected through an application process that reflects demonstrated leadership and a diverse representation of the greater St. Louis region.
Why Participate in the St. Louis Leadership Academy?
The Leadership Academy experience provides opportunities to:
- network with school leaders in the St. Louis region;
- share best practices in supporting student growth through collaboration, site visits, and relevant content;
- discuss current topics and issues challenging school leadership;
- learn to use protocols for problem-solving and increased engagement;
- use the KOLBE Index to enhance knowledge of our personal leadership styles;
- understand and support successful change processes;
- heighten awareness of the importance of human resources and optimizing the performance of people; and
- explore the many facets of building a cohesive school culture.
Application Deadline is Saturday, August 1
Dates for the 2020-21 Leadership Academy
Regional Meeting: September 3, 2020*
Statewide Kick-off: September 28 – October 1, 2020**
Regional Meeting: November 17, 2020
Statewide Meeting: January 14 – 15, 2021
Regional Meeting: February 25, 2021
Regional Meeting: April 1, 2021
Statewide OLE: May 5 - 8, 2021
Statewide Meeting: June 10 – 11, 2021
**Half-day Virtual Meetings