St. Louis Leadership Academy
Improving Student Achievement through Collaborative Leadership
The St. Louis Leadership Academy is a nationally recognized, professional development opportunity for school leaders from the St. Louis region. Participants use the Missouri Model Leader Standards as a framework for exploring effective leadership practices. Academy fellows meet at various sites in the St. Louis area fourteen times throughout the school year. In addition, members participate in the Leadership Academy which brings together members of all seven Missouri Leadership Academies for fall, winter, and spring convocations and opportunities to learn collectively. Academy participants are selected through an application process that reflects demonstrated leadership and a diverse representation of the St. Louis region.
Why Participate in the St. Louis Leadership Academy?
The Leadership Academy experience provides opportunities to:
- network with school leaders in the St. Louis region.
- discuss current topics and issues challenging school leadership.
- participate in site visits to participants' schools.
- participate in a book study with Academy members.
- learn to use protocols for understanding and problem-solving.
- learn, understand and apply knowledge of our personal leadership styles by using the KOLBE Index.
- understand and to facilitate the change process in schools.
- explore the many facets of building a cohesive school culture.
- understand the essential importance of group talk and collaboration to increase student achievement.
- explore the intricacies of the hiring process, teacher development and meaningful evaluation.
Dates for the 2017-18 Leadership Academy
June 11-13 State Kickoff
September 13, 2018
October 3-6, 2018 Outdoor Leadership Experience
November 8, 2018
December 6, 2018
January 9-11, 2019 State Wide Winter Meetings
February 6, 2019
March 13, 2019
June 12-14, 2019 State Graduation