Professional Learning Overview
CharacterPlus works to advance the cause of character education and sustain its impact on the lives of educators and students by:
- Offering high-quality, continuous professional development in character education through Membership,
with no additional registration fees
- Providing Scholarships to the Leadership Academy in Character Education, a year-long academy for administrators
- Promoting best practices and effective networking
- Providing CharacterPlus Way, an evidence-based process for whole-school culture reform. Systematic training for leadership teams at the District Level or School Level. Listed on the National Registry of Evidence Based Programs.
- Actively recruiting and developing community support and grants
CharacterPlus offers membership to public, charter and non-public districts and individual schools at reasonable annual fees matched by community contributions. Educators, parents, school board members, and community partners can access the resources bulleted below for free and in unlimited numbers.
- National Speakers provide insight, motivation and current research about character education
- Certification in Character Education gives educators a thorough knowledge of the field
- Skills training in Service Learning, Class meetings, Buddy Partnerships. School-wide Bullying Prevention.
- Student Summits bring together students from different schools to collaborate on critical issues facing young people
- Schools of Character support through workshops to better understand the award process and to apply
CharacterPlus also coordinates the Missouri Schools of Character, which is affiliated with Character.org's National Schools of Character. To learn more about any of our workshops and programs contact Tami Bopp at 314.692.1207 or email@example.com.